Attend L.A. Unified

Enroll in your resident school or apply to a specialized program!

Apply Now to a Choices Program

Apply to Choices programs! You can easily apply to multiple Choices programs for multiple children using one parent account. Please Note: An application is not required if you are planning to attend your neighborhood school.

Enroll in Resident School

Download the Student Enrollment Form below and complete it electronically, print, sign and take the form to your resident school. Please contact the school to ensure you have everything that you need to enroll. Paper copies of the enrollment form are available at each school.
resident/zone of choice

Frequently Asked Questions

  • How can I apply to a Magnet, Permits With Transportation, Dual Language Education, Schools for Advanced Studies, Admission Criteria Schools or Affiliated Charter Schools program?
  • Apply online at
  • How can I enroll in a school in my Zone of Choice?
  • Visit your neighborhood school to complete a Zones of Choice application or visit the Zones of Choice website to download an application for your Zone here.
  • If I live within the L.A. Unified boundary and want my child to attend a neighborhood school that is not my resident school, how do I apply?
  • Contact the school directly to inquire about an Intra-district Permit or click here to download more information.
    You can also visit for Open Enrollment availability.
  • If I live outside of L.A. Unified boundaries, and I want my child to attend an L.A. Unified school, how do I apply?
  • We would love for your child to attend an L.A. Unified school! Dual Language Education, Admission Criteria Schools and Affiliated Charter Schools are also open to all who live outside of L.A Unified boundaries. If you wish to attend a Resident School, please apply for an Incoming Inter-district Permit online at